Find a LASIK Surgeon in Your Area.  

The LASIK Directory Blog

Welcome to the LASIK Blog, a resource for people interested in LASIK surgery. This consumer-friendly blog is intended to be used as a central resource to answer common questions about LASIK and to point you in the right direction.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My Experience with Central Serous Retinopathy

One of our writers has had to deal with an eye condition known as Central Serous Retinopathy. Since we work with eye surgeons I asked her to write about it and agreed to post it on this blog. She has written a series of nine blogs on her experience with Central Serous Retinopathay and I will post them for her in order.

This is blog post 1 of 9:

On August 31, 2008, I noticed that I was having a problem. It was hard to pin down at first, almost like dizziness, but not. As the day went on I figured out that it was a shadow in my vision, but only in one eye and that was why it was throwing me off so much.

It seemed to be an afterimage, like you see when after someone takes your picture with a flash. I could see it with my eye open or closed. I had accidentally looked into a laser pointer the night before, just briefly, but I figured it was caused by that and would go away soon enough.

I remember the date because it was the day after my 35th birthday. Several unexpected and important things happened that day. The thing with my eye seemed like the least of them at the time, so I didn't give it much attention for quite some time. It was a constant bother and made driving a little uncomfortable, but I had bigger things to worry about.

I was having some other health problems and was under a tremendous amount of stress. It seemed like my whole world was collapsing around me with the snowball effect of everything that was going on. The stress was making my health worse, and my health was making it harder to handle to stuff that was causing the stress, making me even more stressed, making my health even worse.

The "eye thing" was an annoyance, but not high on my list of priorities. I kept hoping it would just go away.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click on a link to find a LASIK surgeon in that state.

Disclaimer: The content on our website and this page about LASIK surgery is for informational purposes only. To learn more about LASIK surgery in your area and situation, please contact a LASIK surgeon above or click here to let us find an eye doctor for you.