Find a LASIK Surgeon in Your Area.  

The LASIK Directory Blog

Welcome to the LASIK Blog, a resource for people interested in LASIK surgery. This consumer-friendly blog is intended to be used as a central resource to answer common questions about LASIK and to point you in the right direction.

Friday, June 05, 2009

Central Serous Retinopathy: Seemed to be Going Away and Then…

One of our writers has had to deal with an eye condition known as Central Serous Retinopathy. Since we work with eye surgeons I asked her to write about it and agreed to post it on this blog. She has written a series of nine blogs on her experience with Central Serous Retinopathay .

This is blog post 4 of 9:

After a couple of months I noticed that on the days when I was not so stressed it seemed to fade and shrink until I had to check to see if it was still there. When the stress hit me really hard, it would come back with a vengeance. That seemed significant, and I made a mental note, but still, no time to worry about it too much.

As time passed, the entire situation improved. Less stress, better health, and my eye wasn't bothering me anymore. It's hard to say if it ever went away entirely or if it was just the combination of a vast improvement and me getting used to it. Every once in a while I would notice it, again, when I was stressed or had been stressed the day before.

Then, on the night of May 10th, I was under a lot of stress and my blood pressure was noticeably up. Stress and high blood pressure don't go noticeably hand in hand for me. The blood pressure was probably due to the massive amounts of coffee I had been drinking that night and over the past week.

The spot in my eye was back and really making a dent in my ability to look at the computer screen, which it had never done before. That's when I decided I was going to have to get checked out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click on a link to find a LASIK surgeon in that state.

Disclaimer: The content on our website and this page about LASIK surgery is for informational purposes only. To learn more about LASIK surgery in your area and situation, please contact a LASIK surgeon above or click here to let us find an eye doctor for you.